This is one of those 'too good to be true' stories. There is
NO way this really happened, well not to the same people all at the same time.
Subject: IT'S JUST A GREEN SNAKE
Green Garden Grass snakes can be dangerous. Yes, grass snakes, not
A couple in Rockwall, Texas had a lot of potted
plants, and during a recent cold spell, the wife was bringing a lot of them
indoors to protect them from a possible freeze. It turned out that a little
green garden grass snake was hidden in one of the plants and when it had
warmed up, it slithered out and the wife saw it go under the sofa. She let out
a very loud scream. The husband, who was taking a shower, ran out into the
living room naked to see what the problem was. She told him there was a snake
under the sofa. He got down on the floor on his hands and knees to look for
it. About that time the family dog came and cold-nosed him on the leg. He
thought the snake had bitten him and he fainted. His wife thought he'd had a
heart attack, so she called an ambulance. The attendants rushed in and loaded
him on the stretcher and started carrying him out.
About that time the snake came out from under the
sofa and the Emergency Medical Technician saw it and dropped his end of the
stretcher. That's when the man broke his leg and why he is in the hospital at
Garland. The wife still had the problem of the snake in the house, so she
called on a neighbor man. He volunteered to capture the snake. He armed
himself with a rolled-up newspaper and began poking under the couch. Soon he
decided it was gone and told the woman, who sat down on the sofa in relief.
But in relaxing, her hand dangled in between the cushions, where she felt the
snake wriggling around. She screamed and fainted, the snake rushed back under
the sofa, and the neighbor man, seeing her lying there passed out tried to use
CPR to revive her.
The neighbor's wife, who had just returned from
shopping at the grocery store, saw her husband's mouth on the woman's mouth
and slammed her husband in the back of the head with a bag of canned goods,
knocking him out and cutting his scalp to a point where it would need
stitches. The noise woke the woman from her dead faint and she saw her
neighbor lying on the floor with his wife bending over him, so she assumed he
had been bitten by the snake. She went to the kitchen, brought back a small
bottle of whiskey, and began pouring it down the man's throat.
By now the police had arrived. They saw the
unconscious man, smelled the whiskey, and assumed that a drunken fight had
occurred. They were about to arrest them all, when the two women tried to
explain how it all happened over a little green snake. They called an
ambulance, which took away the neighbor and his sobbing wife. Just then the
little snake crawled out from under the couch. One of the policemen drew his
gun and fired at it. He missed the snake and hit the leg of the end table that
was on one side of the sofa. The table fell over and the lamp on it shattered
and as the bulb broke, it started a fire in the drapes. The other policeman
tried to beat out the flames and fell through the window into the yard on top
of the family dog, who, startled, jumped up and raced out into the street,
where an oncoming car swerved to avoid it and smashed into the parked police
car and set it on fire. Meanwhile the burning drapes had spread to the walls
and the entire house was blazing.
Neighbors had called the fire department and the
arriving fire-truck had started raising its ladder as they were halfway down
the street. The rising ladder tore out the overhead wires and put out the
electricity and disconnected the telephones in a ten-square city block area of
south Rockwall along Texas State Route 205.
Time passed .......... Both men were discharged
from the hospital, the house was re-built, the police acquired a new car, and
all was right with their world .....
About a year later they were watching TV and the
weatherman announced a cold snap for that night. The husband asked his wife if
she thought they should bring in their plants for the night.
She shot him.
If you receive a message about this then please ignore it and don't pass it on as this only serves to propagate