Subject: Buy American.
CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM's
contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and
The findings are as follows......
1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee
contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The
company also offered ER response team services and office space to
displaced government employees.
2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions
of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv's, and trucks.
3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims
of the Sept. 11 attack.
4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to
the New York Police Dept.
5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept 11 Foundation,
funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and
victims of the WTC.
6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.
7. Audi- Nothing.
8. BMW- Nothing.
9. Daewoo- Nothing.
10. Fiat- Nothing.
11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in
12. Isuzu- Nothing.
13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.
14. Nissan- Nothing.
15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche
16. Subaru- Nothing.
17. Suzuki- Nothing.
18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August
Condolences posted on the website
Whenever the time may be for you to purchase or lease a new vehicle,
keep this information in mind. You might want to give more consideration
to a car manufactured by an American-owned and / or American based
Apart from Hyundai and Volkswagen, the foreign car companies
contributed nothing at all to the citizens of the United States.
It's OK for these companies to take money out of this country, but it
is apparently not acceptable to return some in a time of crisis.
I believe we should not forget things like this. Say thank you in a way
that gets their attention.
Pass it on.